Gentoo Forums View topic - [SOLVED]startx doesn't work
startx -- -depth 16 startx -- -dpi 100 startx -- -layout Multihead Note that in the Debian system, what many people traditionally put in the .xinitrc file should go in .xsession instead; this permits the same X environment to be presented whether startx, xdm, or xinit is used to start the X session.... If you're running multiple X sessions, use :1, :2 for second, third sessions. (For debugging, it's usually easiest to stick with a single X session invoked from the console.) (For debugging, it's usually easiest to stick with a single X session invoked from the console.)
How to use Cygwin X server for local and remote – Code
A guide to setting up a remote desktop for your Raspberry Pi This is a guide to setting up a remote desktop for your Raspberry Pi, and how to connect to it from a Windows/Linux/Mac desktop PC without needing a monitor, mouse or keyboard hooked up to the Pi itself.... What do I need to do to cause startx to give me a lxde session? == details This is a server I recently upgraded 11.3. CLI only historically. I just added the new lxde pattern via yast. (No gnome / kde / etc.) init 5 lets me login with a lxde desktop session, so I appear to have the core software installed and working. But this is a server and I prefer to leave it at init 3 most of the time and
Fwd How do I config "startx" to give me a desktop? Nabble
If you decide to boot stratight to console, and manually startx after login, you can manually start a session with startx && gnome-session or startx && startkde or startx && whatever_command_you_need_to_start_your_desktop. how to get rid of moles under your flagstones The startx script is a front end to xinit that provides a somewhat nicer user interface for running a single session of the X Window System. It is often run with no arguments.
Running multiple X sessions Doclazy's Tech Knowledge
Display X11 session in a Window I noticed that the X11 desktop overlaps the Windows Desktop to the point that I cannot use Windows when running X Server. To fix it, go to the Settings->X11 and change the “X11 server display mode” to “Windowed mode”. how to leave a dauntless game 4/09/2013 · This video will show you how to use PuTTY and Xming to get GUI applications running on the linux platform to display on your Microsoft desktop.
How long can it take?
Getting startx Consolekit and Xfce 4.8 to play nicely in
- The X Window System University of Cambridge
- ending x session LinuxQuestions.org
- Why can I not log into a X session from the Gnome Display
- PuTTY/Cygwin Tutorial cs.dartmouth.edu
How To Leave Startx Session
I have tried to log in to an X session from the command line as ROOT by typing "startx", but that does not work either. I have lots of hard drive space, so that is not an issue. I also tried to reinstall GDM, but that did nothing either. I am running Fedora Core 2, the Gnome desktop, and use kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.1.
- If you decide to boot stratight to console, and manually startx after login, you can manually start a session with startx && gnome-session or startx && startkde or startx && whatever_command_you_need_to_start_your_desktop.
- BUT – for all this to work properly I had to do a little house cleaning first as I already had a “Gnome-Session.desktop” autostart item which was trying to start Gnome 2 (which isn’t even on the system anymore) and was causing mischief with the Gnome 3 session, so the safest way to …
- 19/08/2012 · I tried to start a new session but all I got was a black screen with a white dash in the top left corner. Also, I don't know how to leave the Desktop Environment. The guide says to Ctrl-Alt-Backspace but it doesn't work for me.
- 4/09/2013 · This video will show you how to use PuTTY and Xming to get GUI applications running on the linux platform to display on your Microsoft desktop.